Tuesday 4 December 2012

Day 1074 (04/12/2012)

Slightly annoyed that the two groups I am taking legal against appear to have joined forces to belittle my claim. This may be a mistake on their part as if the had said sorry and paid my costs I may have settled but now I feel the need to really annoy them and if there is one thing I'm really quite good at its annoying people.

So after Christmas my New Years Resolution, as well as including the usual, will be to cause as much havoc as I can for those two organisations.

Anyway very sad morning as I went to the funeral of my first Sergeant, Miles Elder.


I look back at my time in the Cadets with great fondness but I really hate funerals and always end up crying. You can't help but think about the obvious.

One strange things was that his daughter read out a poem, "The Life That I Have" by Leo Marks,  which she said her father has always kept in his wallet. I have kept the same poem in my wallet since I was about 18 or 19 since I first heard it on a tv programme.

The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have is yours

The love that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have is your

The love that I have
Of the life that I have
Is your and your and your

A sleep I shall have
A rest I shall have
Yet death will be but a pause
For the peace of my years
In the long green grass
Will be your and your and yours



No comments:

Post a Comment