Friday 2 November 2012

Day 1042 (02/11/2012)

I was getting all of my stuff ready for next weeks course in Cumbria and my printer broke half way thru printing off the training material. It needed a new drum which costs about £100 but I couldn't get one delivered until Monday but I needed to print the stuff off today, so no choice, I had to buy a new printer.


The new printer was about £140 which wasn't that bad but the real bummer was that I had just put some new toner cartridges in the old printer, what a waste.

My on-going legal battle with the police had an interesting twist today. Towards the end of September I made a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act to find out what a number of people connected to the Working Group I was on had said about me and if they had mentioned anything about my website etc.

Basically they have 40 days to release to me copies of any emails & reports where I am mentioned, which will come in handy for me to find out what was being said about me behind my back. They can't really take the risk of saying there is nothing as they know that I know that there are certain emails in existence, especially as I have sent them some.

Today when I phoned their office to see how my request was going I was told that the person dealing with it has gone on their honeymoon until the 21st of November and that nothing seemed to have been done with my request. The man who had been left to deal with all of the extra work didn't know anything about it and although he said he would try to put something together in the next few weeks, unluckily for him I knew that all Subject Access Requests under the Data Protection Act must be dealt with within 40 calender days not 40 working days and their time is up on Tuesday. So it's not looking good for them to be able to comply with the law. This might result in yet another complaint (it will).

It is really hard to believe how many times the police have screwed up in dealing with me over this issue. I really hope that things work out OK within the next few weeks and that they see sense and say sorry and make good on their cock-ups.






No comments:

Post a Comment