Sunday 30 September 2012

Day 1007 (28/09/2012)

Annoyingly I got to the train station in plenty time for the 9:05am train to London only to find out it was cancelled and the train I had to catch was 30minutes later and stopped at loads of extra stations.

I like to treat to myself to first class travel on the train as the seats are much nicer, you get free drinks and nibbles but most of all there are a lot less people to be bothered by. There are so many positives to be taken by paying the extra £7.50 (if you pick the right train and buy your tickets a few weeks in advance) for this luxury.


I usually try to eat a whole fruit cake slice by slice on these journeys but was gutted to learn that they have replaced to fruit cake slices with muffins on the tea trolley service. I preferred the fruit cake but still insisted on eating a few muffins as this is a perk of fist class travel and I always try to eat & drink the difference between the price of standard & first class travel. Usually I end up in credit.

The talk went quite well in London. It was not my usual sort of audience (I must remember I am a trainer and not a comedian) but they all seemed to enjoy it and laughed at the right bits.


Luckily as they were running late they re-jigged the running order and I was moved to after lunch instead of later in the afternoon and was able to get away a couple of hours earlier. This left me with the problem of trying to catch an earlier train or staying at Paddington and enjoying long at Yo-Sushi.

Luckily there is always the Bagel stall, so a couple of nice bagels eased the choice of coming home early & missing the Yo-Sushi I had been promising myself.


 

Home nice and early and slightly stuffed from the day, so didn't have dinner.

I was looking forward to relaxing in front of the telly but Kelly took me out to the theater to see a one-man show of Fever Pitch, which was actually quite good, but only because I'm a man of a certain age so knew most of the things that were being talked about.


No comments:

Post a Comment