Thursday 30 August 2012

Day 978 (30/08/2012)

Woke after a good nights sleep but still very tired. It was a full day on my feet talking yesterday followed by a midnight drive. I tend to take a day to recover from these things now that I am more than middle aged.

I can't face the gym today but having a hair cut instead. I will be going to the gym tomorrow as anytime I go on a plane I am always keen to diet and hit the gym again.

Update on the boys tour, they are sampling the sites of Italy, having visited the Coliseum, Vatican City and today going to see the leaning tower of Pisa today.

Sounds better than Lithuania, which is very East European, with modern touches. A few thoughts from my time there.

It was an ambition to be met at an international airport by someone holding a sign with my name written in big letters. I should have got a photo but forgot after the flight. My next ambition is to be met at an international airport by someone wearing a chauffeurs uniform holding a sign with my name written in big letters and then taking me out to a stretched limo & driving me to a swanky hotel that someone else is paying for. I can dream.

When being driven from the airport I commented that the city looked nice, wide roads, nice houses no graffiti. The lady that met & drove me was not a very confident English speaker but said that this was not a nice area as this is an area where "how do you say people not from you country" live and that these people works mostly as cleaners. Ironic that even in Eastern Europe there are people who don't like immigrants who take the lowest paid jobs.

Lithuania is not the sort of place to go for descent food but may well have other nice features but it seems unfair to pass comment on what I saw, which was really just from the taxi on the way to the airport.

Anyway work in the office for the next few days.





No comments:

Post a Comment