Tuesday 10 July 2012

Day 924 & 925 (07 & 08/07/2012)

Up incredibly early to get to London but there were a few problems with the train, including no free trolley in first class at the weekends and no fruit cake in the buffet car.


Oh yes and my train was cancelled due to flooding but luckily I was early enough to catch the one before.


The talks in London seemed to go down well.



Got to Paddington in time for a Yo Sushi.


Then a nice early & quick train home.

Two comments from taxi drives today.

I got in a taxi at Paddington to get to the venue only to be asked by the taxi driver "You here for Gay Pride". I'm happy with my own sexuality so don't mind if people think I'm gay but I was dressed smartly to give a presentation, everyone else who I assume was going to Gay Pride was in fancy dresses, with dresses and skimpy underwear appearing to be quite popular.

On the way back the next taxi driver started talking about Muslims Suicide Bombers. It wasn't that a long a journey and I can't think how we got onto the subject but we did. The driver said "These bloody Muslim suicide bombers have got it all wrong, you don't want 70 virgins, talking about Justin Beiber and all that shit, you want 5 slags, they would keep you happy, not 70 f*****g virgins". I think this guy may have hit on something and I think he should be booked for Question Time.


No comments:

Post a Comment