Friday 15 July 2011

Day 565 (15/07/2011)

Much the same as yesterday.

I remember when first going out with my wife, when she was just my girlfriend, of only a few weeks going into few months, the great difficulty in splitting your time between your family and your friends / girlfriend. Christmas was such a rushed time, travelling between families so know one felt left out.

In fact here is a picture taken on the day of my 17th Birthday.


I am wearing my new watch that my then girlfriend (now my wife) had bought me.

The day started at the training school, which we were all just leaving after a year. I got home about lunch time and then that night me & my family went out for dinner at The Wishbone restaurant in Saltford, where we had Hawaiian Sunrises for afters (yes they were that memorable).

I didn't see my girlfriend that day but saw her the next day, when we went out with some friends clubbing.

It seems like only yesterday but was actually 27yrs ago.

It is a sign of me getting older and my kids growing up that we have these issues, which I fully understand and am cool with (does saying cool make me sound like a hip dad).

I don't think we will be having anymore family holidays, which is actually a good thing as me & my wife can go during term time and get much cheaper flights.

Anyway we will all be going away for a few days next week but haven't decided where yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment