Saturday 23 April 2011

Day 482 & 483 (23 & 24/04/2011)

Bank Holiday and Decent Weather, not usually phrases that go together in this country.

Can't decide to go out for an Indian or a Mexican tonight.

Update - Sat 17:45 - When you buy a light bulb its a pretty safe bet it will fit. Its either a bayonet or screw fixing, normal size or small. With plugs, we have our UK style and then the Europeans and Americans have their own but if you buy something in the UK it going to have the standard UK plug.

Needless to say I tried to fix the toilet but the fitting wouldn't fit my toilet, you bastards, why can't there be a standard fitting.

If I could have fitted the bit it all would have gone smoothly in about 20minutes but no it wouldn't fit. It wouldn't screw in place as it kept hitting the side of the cistern. All toilets have cisterns so why wouldn't this one fit.

So then I tried to make a new one with bits from the old one and new one, needless to say I have wasted over an hour and £25 on something that wasn't right. Thats why usually I don't bother. I now know what I need and will buy one more thing but if it ain't plug & play then I'm calling a plumber.

Update - Sun 08:45 - Went for an Indian and had a set meal, totally stuffed and defeated.




Its not that bad, there was two of us and my wife had a whole bottle of wine,


OK it was a very small bottle.

Might tidy my office today.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent. Loving the bit about the wine. Happy Easter. xx

    ReplyDelete