Monday 4 April 2011

Day 463 (04/04/2011)

So it was Mothers Day on Sunday. I had gone to the card shop last week and bought cards for my wife and my mum.

I had found a nice card for my mum,which said from Son & Daughter-in-Law which I thought was very nice. I had also found a lovely card for my wife but it had no envelope so whilst I was waiting for the shop assistance to find a replacement envelope I deiced to make sure my mums card was OK and decided to change my mums card, to a less creased one from the shelf.

It was only after I had given the card to my mum that she pointed out that the one I had given her said Daughter & Son-in-Law. O000ps.


She accepted it in good faith.

It was as bad as a few years ago when I came home with a couple of bouquets of flowers for my wife and put them in the sink until she got home. Later she asked me why I had bought one bouquet of real flowers and one of artificial flowers, and why had I put the artificial flowers in water.

OK, I admit it I thought they were both real. I'm not a gardener, I just thought they looked nice.

A TV programme I helped out on was on BBC 4 last night. I wasn't on the screen, as always I just did some stuff behind the scenes but they nicely thanked me in the credits (possibly due to the fact that I didn't charge them).


It is on the iPlayer Here for a week and was a documentary about the BBC's Rough Justice series, which began investigating miscarriages of justice in the early 1980s.

No comments:

Post a Comment