Wednesday 23 February 2011

Day 423 (23/02/2011)

Golly, I happen to mention on Facebook yesterday that I had paid my VAT and felt like crying. Yes I am very grateful that I have a job in the current climate & I know you only pay lots of tax if you earn lots.

I'm still glad I made the point, even though it got a few more responses than I had intended. There was, as always, a reason why I made the comment on Facebook. I wanted someone in particular to read it as it might gee them up on paying me for some work I did for them. I m a cunning devil, or something close.

However it is annoying that small business have to pay all their bills on time.

If I was an international telecoms company I would just have lunch with my mate who runs the revenue and he would then see my side as to why I shouldn't pay a shed load of tax.

If I was a football club I would not pay my tax for a year or two, them come to an arrangement with the tax man so I only paid a smaller percentage of it.

But I'm neither, so I wave good-bye to large chunks of cash, to a government that wastes billions.

Still on the bright side its Orange Wednesday and we are hoping to see Paul tonight.

2 comments:

  1. don't worry, the comments were slightly worse after yours, but I am surprised at the reaction but hopefully it will have the intended effect

    ReplyDelete