Wednesday 16 February 2011

Day 416 (16/02/2011)

Up early to try and do a report or two before going away for 24hrs this afternoon. I am looking forward to relaxing in a nice hotel with my wife and having a fantastic meal.

Enjoyed Jeremy Hardy last night but why do audiences think that a comedy show is a two way conversation. We paid to listen to him not people trying to be funny. So I was a bit glad that within 2 minutes he had shouted at a woman to "Shut the F**K Up, It's Not About You" or similar.

A bit of his material was the same as last time but he is clearly worried about getting old as he kept saying how old he is and that his body is stopping working at his age and that his friends are dieing off blah blah blah, then he said he was 49. Well 49 isn't that old and only slightly old than me.

I think he must be worried about being 50 but why, when you are in your 40's you know that you are going to be 50 soon or dead. So surely being 50 is the better of the two, unless you are actually very ill and in a lot of pain.

It would be different if he was about to become a pensioner, which nowadays isn't actually that old anyway.

I still think of myself as being a fit 18year old with his life in front of him who can achieve anything. It is only when I look in a mirror, think about it or go to get up or reach for something that I am brought back into reality.

Actually the reality is I am now middle aged, with half my life in front of me but I can still achieve anything albeit at a slower pace and in larger clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment