Saturday 14 August 2010

Day 230 & 231 (14&15/08/2010)

Its raining out.

I am nearly up to date with filling out all my forms and my work. I must go thru all my course stuff as I have loads of courses and presentations coming up. Plus remind me to book myself in somewhere nice.

Still no biscuits, cakes or crisps (or exercise). I'm not missing them although there are always cakes in the house which is just a constant tease. It's like a reformed alcoholic working in a pub.

Years ago I watched a Channel4 programme on really fat Americans. Nothing like me, these guys and girls where huge, OK so a little like me. There was one bit when this massive guy was asked why he didn't stop pigging out and he said something like - An alcoholic can stop drinking alcohol, a drug addict can stop taking drugs but you have to eat some thing every day and it was hard for him to stop after the first mouthful. So how would an alcoholic cope if they had to have one beer every day or a smoker had to have just one cigarette a day.

Still, he could of eaten fruit or something healthy.

Now work then a healthy breakfast (no it wont be, I love Frosties, They're Great)

2 comments:

  1. Neil - we're impressed ! Even if you haven't got back into your cycling regime you've done very well to avoid cakes, biscuits and crisps, especially if they are always in the house. Every journey, no matter how short or long, starts with the first step.....as Tony is showing you in his photo above.

    It's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel bad about making you that birthday cake now. I'll get you a birthday apple next time. Keep up the good work brother, I know its not easy but it is worthwhile.

    I was surprised to see Auntie C quoting Mao, I always thought she was a Trotskyite. And yes, Frosties are Greaaaat!

    ReplyDelete