Wednesday 19 May 2010

Day 143 (19/05/2010)

Well it's an Orange Wednesday and I'm home but we aren't going out tonight as I have checked the local listing and there is nothing on at the moment. Plus we are going to the theater tomorrow to see Calender Girls in Bristol and then on Saturday going to the local theater to see Ruby Wax.

Lots to do work wise.

Update - 10:45 - Had post today, so at least the postman is trying instead of just dumping or stealing our post which he usually does but I had to give him back a couple of items as I he delivers a Tractor magazine for number 36 every month but I don't live at number 36 and don't find Tractors that interesting that I would subscribe to a magazine about them.

I phoned the local sorting office and had the same conversation as normal with the Manager who after he took details of all of my complaints about the postman was amazed that I wasn't complaining about the postman smoking on duty as this is the rule he always breaks. I said no I was only aware of him listening to his music, speaking on his phone, delivering the wrong post, opening our mail or stealing our post altogether but could confirm I had never seen him smoke so would like to complement him on this obvious improvement in his behaviour at work.

In America it would probably be legal to shoot him but as I am in the UK I can only tut and give him a disapproving look but then imagine shooting him afterwards.

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear..... very annoying for you but very funny for your readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, now the tune I've got on my brain is "Have You Got A Light Boy?" by the Singing Postman - one for the teenagers there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lucky the other day I had "I was Kaiser Bill's batman" in my head all day. I must be older than I think. N

    ReplyDelete