Thursday 6 May 2010

Day 130 (06/05/2010)

Went to see Date Night last night, it was funnier than the Jennifer Aniston film but so was Schindler's List (sorry, tasteless joke).

The election is here and I will vote when I take the kids to school / college.

Update - 09:30 - Well its pouring with rain but I went to the polling station.


There wasn't really a lot to choose from, we don't even have a green candidate.

Just checked the law so thought I had better delete the photo, which I obviously never ever took inside the poling station, you must have imagined it.

Oops is it supposed to be secret?

Well I don't think anyone thinks I'm a posh **** (**** yes, posh no) or a corrupt war criminal but I'm not too keen on the French. Oh well the secrets out I'm basically just a Liberal with a few extreme left / right wing views but could never vote for an extreme party unless I was leading it.

Now that's a thought. I could have a left / right wing dictatorship, but would have to have Billy Bragg, Shami Chakrabarti and Sarah Beeny as close advisers (well the property market is very important and I would value her advice).

Having said all of the above I have sort of been offered a job with a French company (I am always saying how much I love the French people and their culture) which has a long French company name which has been abbreviated to three letters.

Unfortunately these three letters are the same as an extreme right wing racist political group in the UK. It would be hard to say "Oh yes I work for the ***".

I have only put *** instead of the actual name of the extreme right wing racist political group as I don't want search engines linking my blog to them.

I have so much work to do but just can't get started this week. Must finish this and start a report or 10.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see that you have done your democratic duty this time. May I suggest some more people for your cabinet? First of all, in the spirit of “what can I do for my country?” I would offer to be Minister for Chinese Food, travelling the length and breadth of the country making sure that Chinese food is up to standard. Then maybe Ray Mears could be Minister for Environment, Education, Defence, The Treasury, Foreign Minister, Home Secretary and, well, everything else that you and me aren’t heading up ourselves. Vote for Ray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Elise Rayner as Minister for Me

    ReplyDelete