Friday 19 February 2010

Day 54 (19/02/10)

Went to www.zizzi.co.uk last night, it was very nice but started badly.

The menu's are quite large so when choosing a glass a wine I laid the menu down to see it and was unaware of the small candle in the centre of the table. I had seen the brown mark on the menu getting larger but was too busy concentrating on choosing a White or Rose (too young for Red). It was only when the smell of burning was clearly coming from our table and not the kitchen did the wife realise what I had done and tell me. Oops!. I later knocked over a bottle of Olive Oil. It was like Mr Bean meets Mr Magoo.

Anyway I can recommend the Antipasto Zizzi (you can see the candle in the picture).


No rain today so will have to go out on my bike.

Update - 10:15 - It's snowing, quite heavy, me and the snow that is.

Update - 12:30 - It's stopped snowing and the sun is out so I must get out on my bike.

The wife saw a woodpecker in the back garden but only had time for a few pictures.



Update - 15:00 - Longest cycle ride so far. Now totally knackered.

When cycling round was nearly attacked by a dog being walked by a middle-aged woman. Luckily I know how to instantly incapacitate a vicious dog, unluckily I didn't have a loaded gun with me, so I was forced to give them both a nasty stare.

Now relaxing with a slice on Christmas Cake and a bottle of water.

2 comments:

  1. Green Woodpeckers have a lovely and very distinctive call. Not sure how to describe it in a blog, but you'll know it when you hear it (possibly). Feeding the birds and the squirrels in the garden is the highlight of my day. Bloody hell I'm old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the call of a woodpecker was "that's all folks"

    ReplyDelete