Saturday 30 January 2010

Day 34 & 35 (30 & 31/01/10)

The weekend is here, still some stuff to do on the computer and what joy I have to go shopping, on a Saturday. It is going to spoil a nice weekend.

My idea of hell, shopping. My idea of double hell, shopping on a Saturday.

I need new trainers and I need to get a present. I should have done it on-line a month ago but I need to buy it in the next 4 hours as I have been let down by my usual supplier, which means my wife didn't buy the present, now I have to do it. I suppose its only fair as it for my mum's birthday.

Looking forward to going out as a family later, although Kelly, whose hair cut looks really good and makes her look different, is going to a friends party, so she is sad to be missing out.

Update - Sat 16:30 - Got back from town, only wanted to headbutt about 37 teenagers and kill about 2 dozen other people who kept getting in my way.

Do you remember the days when shoe shops were nice gentle places where someone helped you with your selection and went out the back to get your size for you. Well buying trainers in a sports shop on a Saturday is like being at a UN feeding station after a natural disaster. Survival of the fittest or in my case the largest.

My old trainers are now destined for the bin.


I now have a nice sporty pair, I just hope they make me more sporty.


And another pair of trainers to walk around in (think the Notorious B.I.G. meets the Wurzells).


Also bought myself a watch for work.

I did buy my mum a present, hopefully she will like it, after all it's the thought that counts and I thought the fact that I even bothered going in to town on a Saturday was more than enough.

I was also going to buy her a book but came out of the book shop with 2 books, one on contract killers and the other on informants. I will probably keep them myself as I think she would have preferred a biography on a film star. How ungrateful.

Anyway stuff to do before going out tonight.

Update - Sat 16:45 - Also bought lots on new sports socks as I realised all mine were very old and quite holey. It may sound flash but my 2 pairs of trainers and 9 pairs off socks were a lot less than Thomas's last pair of trainers, though I admit his are slightly more trendy than mine.

Update - Sun 12:00 - Had a fantastic time last night, all meeting up for a meal for mum's birthday. She liked the present and the fact that I had put some photo's in the frames.


The meal at The Globe in Milverton (www.theglobemilverton.co.uk) was brilliant. I ordered the slow cooked lamb but ended up with half a sheep on my plate. Luckily it was the tasty half.


We must go back as the rest of the menu looked lovely as well.

It was snowing this morning, but I still went out in my shorts to get the wife's car headlamp bulb replaced.

I know most men like to think of themselves as capable of anything, but I class doing anything to the car other than putting fuel in, as manual labour and therefore beyond me. I was happy to pay a small girl at Halfords to do it, I am not proud, but I do have nice clean hands, unlike her after she had finished changing the bulb. Money well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment