Wednesday 13 January 2010

Day 17 (13/01/10)

The snow settled overnight, so the view from my office window has hardly changed for a week.

I drove my wife to work as it is so slippery and found that the police have closed one of the main roads, so I'm guesing that there has been a big accident nearby.

No chance of cycling this week, might see if the pool is open and risk going swimming. Hopefully there are no Japanese Whalers in town, other wise I'm done for.

Thomas has gone down with the family cold, so that's all of us now. Hopefully he will be OK tomorrow as he has his biology exam.

Decided that although we have had a lot of snow that we are quite lucky as it has fallen both times the day after bin day, so our bins have been empties both weeks. On the news some people have been waiting over a month to have their bins emptied.

Update - 16:15 - There is a thick white foggy mist covering the area, think the weather might be getting worse. Have to travel way up North next Monday, so hope its improves.

Have noticed that lots of the roads round here have really bad pot holes now the snow is melting. Must be careful when I go out on my bike.

Update - 21:00 - One of my best Christmas presents was a kitchen blowtorch. I used it tonight for the first time, to caramelize some sugar on the top of some pink grapefruit. Much more fun thanmelting the sugar under the grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment