Wednesday 6 January 2010

Day 10 (06/01/10)

09:00 - Well woke up to lots of snow. First picture taken out of the office window at 8.00 the next at 8.55 and it is still snowing, quite heavy now. Both kids school / colleges are closed, which is a shame as we were up until around 1.30am finishing off some photography course work (parents really should be given the same GCSE's or Degrees as their children, we earn it).



My wife is still thinking about walking to work but I can't see the point and don't fancy offering to drive her. I know I managed to get into my office without any problem, but then its only about a 15' walk from the bedroom. She has just come into the office and said she phoned work and the manager has a 4 wheel drive and is collecting staff, what joy.

Kids now getting up and thinking about making snowmen. I say kids they are 18 and 15 but have only had deep snow twice before, so it's still a novelty.

With all the snow I don't think I will be going out on my bike, so after work may get round to clearing out some boxes of stuff.

Update - 15:30 - As my wife didn't get to work in the end (she's now clearing stuff off the sky+) we needed a lottery ticket. I could have got them on-line but thought I would walk to the newsagents and get one, so that way I would still get some exercise. It was quite slippery on the way, although that might have something to do with the fact that I couldn't get to my two pairs of army / hiking boots that are in the garage, so went out in my trainers.


Got home and found that Kelly had built a snowman (Thomas has gone to meet friends).

Now time for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment